Visa Information (updated on 13 Dec 2019)
Visa-Exempt Entry Countries
Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with duration of stay of up to:
90 days: Andorra, Australia* (effective till December 31, 2020), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Eswatini*, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras*, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan*, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Marshall Island*, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia*(effective till March 31, 2020), Norway, Palau, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu*, the United Kingdom, the United States of America*,and Vatican City State.
30 days: Belize*, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Nauru, St. Kitts and Nevis*, Saint Lucia*, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore.
The following nationals of the designated countries may apply for the R.O.C. visitor visas for Participating in international meetings or activities for the purposes of religious, athletic, or cultural exchange, which are held by the organizations set up in Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Afghanistan、Algeria、Bangladesh、Bhutan、Cameroon、Gambia、Ghana、India (Identity Certificate) 、Iraq、Nepal、Niger、Nigeria、Pakistan、Senegal、Somalia、Sri Lanka、Syria.
Hong Kong and Macau Residents
Visa for Mainland China Passport Holders (持中國大陸護照與會者請注意)
Mainland China Residents for the Mainland China passport holders, it is necessary to apply “The Exit & Entry Permit for the Taiwan Area“, and all the necessary documentation will provide after register online and the payment is well received ( 3-7 working days to check the payment with our bank).
Due to the complicated procedures, it is strongly suggested to complete the registration and your payment 3 months before the conference date!
Southeast Asian Countries
Nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam can apply online for an R.O.C. Travel Authorization Certificate if you meet the following conditions:
Basic requirements(The following three basic requirements must be met)
- The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- The applicant must possess an onward/return air or boat ticket.
- The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
Additional requirements(One of the following requirements must also be met)
- The applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of EU and Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
- Valid resident or permanent resident card or status.
- Valid entry visa (electronic visa must be printed out)
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
- The applicant possesses an entry visa or resident card issued by the R.O.C. at any point in the past 10 years and has no record of immigration irregularities or law violations in Taiwan. However, holders of R.O.C. entry visas bearing the remark FL (i.e., foreign laborer), X (i.e., others) or P with "Special permission from MOFA" (visa and E-Visa for "Project for Simplifying Visa Regulations for High-end Group Tourists from Southeast Asian Countries (Project Kuan-Hong)" ever issued), as well as holders of R.O.C. resident cards with stated purpose of residence being foreign laborer (i.e., 外勞), are not eligible for an R.O.C. Travel Authorization Certificate.